SSD’s – What’s the big deal?
What’s the one thing you can’t stand doing when using your Laptop on PC? Waiting! You know what we mean, when you turn your machine on, go and make a cuppa, hang the washing out, watch 10 minutes of television and finally your PC is in a usable condition, if you can call it that as it groans under the load of opening a single webpage.
We have the answer, in the form of a quicker, more energy efficient & reliable Solid State Drive (SSD). Here are just a few reasons having one fitted could benefit you:
- More reliable – SSD’s have a failure rate of approx. 0.5% – as opposed to HDD’s of up to 5%
- Higher Shock Tolerance – SSD’s can withstand up to 1,500 G/0.5 msec – HDD’s can withstand just 30G/2msec (when writing information). This is the difference between dropping it from the arm of the Sofa and losing all your data, or picking it up and carry on using it.
- Energy efficient – SSD’s consume approx. 2-3 watts – HDD’s consume between 10-15 watts. Saving you money on electric, increasing your battery life and doing your little bit for the environment.
- Speed – This is improved in several ways
- Lower Processor usage with an SSD – 1%, compared with 7-8% with an HDD – Meaning your CPU can be doing other tasks
- Faster Read/Write times – newer SSD’s boast access times as low as 0.1 milliseconds, with HDD’s taking up to 8 ms. This is the difference between applications opening when you click on them and opening 3 minutes later, after you’ve clicked on them 3 times.
Talk to us today about how an SSD can benefit you. Call on 01784 770402 or 01276 818698 or visit our contact us page
Is your computer or laptop not working efficiently? One Touch Services offers repair services such as computer repair, laptop repair, laptop screen repair, virus removal, network support and PC repair in the Surrey and surrounding Hampshire, Berkshire & Greater London area. Additionally, One Touch Services offers a mobile technician available by appointment for your convenience.
Copyright © 2019 OneTouchServices. All Rights Reserved.